Our Youth Council is a group of engaged, motivated middle and high school students that support VOCAL’s mission by donating their time and service to VOCAL and to the community. The youth council is open to middle and high school age students from Marion County. As with many school and other clubs, we would prefer students with a 2.0 minimum grade point average, and a good discipline and attendance record.
The VOCAL Youth Council was formed in 2018 with only one member, Madeline Eller, a high school student with a love for the dogs and cats in Marion County. It quickly grew giving these teens a platform to speak and educate the young and old on responsible pet ownership, animal empathy, and the importance of spaying and neutering your pet.
Our Youth Council assists with adoption events, puppy kindergarten classes, teen dog walking, art projects, bake sales, fundraising, and other projects and events throughout the year.
By joining the VOCAL Youth Council you can:
- Have the opportunity to demonstrate your strong commitment to community service and volunteering.
- Make a difference for the homeless pets in our community.
- Meet others with similar interests and make more friends.
- Get volunteer hours.
- Have fun!
Join us today and apply to be part of the Youth Council! Click here to apply. You can also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Check us out on social media!
• Visit VOCAL’s Instagram Youth Council page@vocalyouthcouncil
• Visit VOCAL’s Youth Council Facebook page at Vocal Youth Council
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” — Margaret Mead